Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rev...I'm getting sick of y'all niggas now...


(I thought the mugshot was appropriate here, don't you?)

So apparently, the press is still following Rev. Jesse Jackson, because he--in the SAME APPEARANCE in which he wanted to cut off Obama's nuts--referred to black people using the "N-word."

Jesse...the nuts comment was funny...but dang. You just went to town, didn't you?

I don't have any personal injuries that surround the N-word, because I've never been truly victimized by it, and I'm lucky to say it. And as I said in a previous entry, most times, we just attach our own injuries and cultural definitions to words and make things incredibly confusing for ourselves.

But if you're in the public eye, and you're constantly pushing for racial equality, and complaining about a candidate for the presidency "talking down to black people," saying "nigger" or any variation thereof is--let's face it--stupid.

And it's more stupid than hurtful.

I think I understand now why people were so initially pissed with the nuts comment...but at the same time, Jesse Jackson didn't really prove himself hurtful. He proved himself incapable of choosing the right words...y'all sure he ain't senile?

Main Street! Lol.

1 comment:

Chase said...

it's like i always say:
Whores never learn.