Friday, July 11, 2008

More Reverend news...(for real this time)

Bad news...


Family-Placed Death Notice

"BLACK, Glenda First Lady Glenda Black of Lithonia, GA, The wife of the Reverend Jerry D. Black pastor of Beulah Baptist Church, Decatur, GA, went home to be with the Lord Thursday, July 3, 2008. Willie A. Watkins Historical West End Chapel (404) 758-1731"

Read the full obituary here.

[This one touched me a bit more than expected. One of my good friends attends this church on the regular/semi-regular, and she let me see a DVD of a young guest preacher (Reggie Sharpe) who vaguely addressed Rev. Black's "issues with his family." I hadn't been paying much attention so I didn't know that she had been struggling with cancer until after my friend told me. I'm not going to be able to make the Celebration of Life service, but yea. Prayers definitely go out to the entire family.]
______________________________________
Also...







Rev. Timothy Wright, known for such hits as "For the Rest of My Life (I'll Serve the Lord)," "You Must Come In At The Door," and "Jesus Jesus Jesus" now lies in critical condition in...well, see for yourself. His wife and the driver he collided with have already passed.


One source says that Wright hasn't been informed yet of his wife's passing.

______________________________


Crazy stuff yo...can't explain this away.

Personally, I know it's weird, but I don't need an explanation. Right now, anyway.

No comments: